MATERNITY WELLNESS PROGRAM
ARMS Maternity Wellness Center provides Obstetric medical prenatal care for women, every day, no matter of their age, race, or financial situation. Our Board-certified professional staff look forward to providing quality prenatal care for you and your unborn baby.
The Maternity Wellness Center specializes in the care of pregnant women. During this time, you will receive education on lab tests that may be performed, the expected course of the pregnancy, anticipated schedule of visits, healthy practices, and the scope of care we will provide in our office. ARMS has a partnership with Princeton Baptist Medical Center, where your baby will be delivered.
Preparing for a happy, healthy baby starts early, so we help you get ready for the big day. We want you to understand the different stages of pregnancy and how your body changes, as the baby grows to term. We want to do everything we can to help you to feel confident and comfortable through your pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
Expectant Mother Resources
Below is a listing of services available to low income persons:
- WIC Program offers supplemental nutritious foods, nutritional education and counseling, with screenings and referrals to health, welfare and social services; 1-888-942-4673
- Birmingham Sav-A-Life offers free life skill and parenting classes;
- Children’s Aid Society: Keeping Families Together; 205-251-7148
- State of Alabama Medicaid; 1-800-362-1504
- United Way Resource Center: 2-1-1 Directory; 211connectsalabama.org
- Salvation Army Social Services; 205-328-5656
- Greater Birmingham Ministries; 205-326-6821 (Food Pantry)
- Catholic Center of Concern; 205-786-4388 (Food Pantry)
Online information: www.womenshealth.gov