Childbirth Education classes are available to all expectant mothers at Princeton Baptist Medical Hospital in Birmingham. Classes are available to educate and provide ongoing support and guidance to prenatal patients. Contact Marcia Davis at Princeton Hospital, at 205-783-7174, for an appointment.
Steps Ahead Program
Steps Ahead may be the right plan for you! Steps Ahead is a program that can provide prenatal care, hospital delivery and care after the baby is born. You can enroll in the Steps Ahead Program today if you are pregnant, on Medicaid or qualify for Medicaid, and live in Blount, Chilton, Cullman, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Walker or Winston Counties. Alabama Regional Medical Services will provide you with the information required to register you in this program sponsored by Princeton Baptist Medical Hospital. You may pre-register by calling the Steps Ahead Program at 205-783-7175 or visit their website at www.stepsaheadprogram.com.
Below is a listing of services available to low income persons:
- WIC Program offers supplemental nutritious foods, nutritional education and counseling, with screenings and referrals to health, welfare and social services. 1-888-942-4673
- Birmingham Sav-A-Life offers free life skill and parenting classes; phone: 205-979-0302
- Children’s Aid Society: Keeping Families Together, 205-251-7148
- State of Alabama Medicaid: 1-800-362-1504
- United Way Resource Center: 2-1-1 Directory, 211connectsalabama.org
- Salvation Army Social Services: 205-328-5656
- Greater Birmingham Ministries: 205-326-6821 (Food Pantry)
- Catholic Center of Concern: 205-786-4388 (Food Pantry)
Online information: www.womenshealth.gov